AdWords


I have had experience with Google AdWords in the past. I worked with a small marketing firm in Northwest Indiana, that helped local small business market their products. I was in charge of helping to market and existing Marina as well as a newly opening restaurant in that Marina, called Latitudes.

We used the AdWords to help with selling boat slips at the marina. I was in charge of coming up with the words that would be searched on Google to find the marina. I was unaware that if i were to pick words that were to generic that i would be wasting the money of the company. I ended up wasting about $200 because the words i chose were so generic that the people clicking on the website were not necessarily looking for boat slips.

After this blunder I learned that the more specific the search words were the better return on the money used. For the next campaign i was able to increase the turnover per click as well as helped to increase the overall traffic that hit the companies website. It was exciting to feel as though i was helping the company grow.




No comments:

Post a Comment